Benefits of battery storage:
Battery storage assets will be located near towns and major roads powering EV charging and nearby commercial and industrial clients.
- Reduced size of required grid connection.
- Reduced cost of grid connection.
- Allows for DC-DC charging—much quicker than AC-DC charging. Imagine the speed difference in charging your mobile phone from a portable battery pack compared to a wall plug.
- Offers the National Grid a solution to an Increasingly unstable grid network.
- Grid services offering: Enhanced Frequency Response (EFR), Peak Shaving & Capacity, FFR & Demand Response, Arbitrage, Backup power, Active Triad Management