Electrify Your Profits and Sustainability with The EV Network - Article by Hatty Innes
By 2035, the manufacture of petrol cars in the UK will be prohibited by law. Undoubtedly, this policy brings about an exciting change, where sustainability is not just a buzzword but a crucial driver of business success, and so commercial property owners find themselves at a crossroads.
One important response comes in the form of Electric Vehicles (EVs). While the current transportation sector is a major contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, contributing to around a quarter of the EU’s greenhouse gas emissions. It is clear that attitudes towards both transport and fuelling transport must change. The decision to embrace sustainability in transport yields an array of advantages.
Not only do they present an improvement to the protection of the health of our planet but also to property companies who look to develop the necessary EV infrastructure. With many organisations committing to net zero targets, accommodation of EV charging infrastructure on company property can help them to reach this goal.
The following reasons outline why the transition to EVs is not just an ethical move, but a necessity in the evolving landscape of commercial real estate.
- Sustainability: By embracing EV charging infrastructure, you take a significant step towards reducing carbon emissions and promoting a cleaner environment. EVs offer a sustainable and high functioning alternative to fossil fuel vehicles. By facilitating EV charging, you actively support a gateway to a more sustainable future.
- Increased Property Value: Properties fitted with EV charging stations are increasingly attractive to tenants and investors alike. Pioneering businesses and environmentally conscious consumers are more likely to choose locations that offer convenient EV charging facilities. This demand drives up the value of a property and can lead to higher rental income and property resale prices, as well as attracting a variety of clients. These include private EV drivers, EV delivery drivers and commercial service companies looking to lease.
- Diversity of Income: Partnering with EVs not only contributes to sustainability but also opens up a unique fixed revenue stream. By leasing land for EV charging infrastructure, you tap into a burgeoning market without losing control or valuable parking spaces. The demand for fast and convenient charging stations is soaring and can provide a steady income for property owners without any operational costs.
- Positive Reputation: Sustainability is more than just a business strategy; it's a badge of honour. Collaborating with EVs allows for an organisation’s commitment to environmental responsibility to be showcased. This can attract like-minded businesses who share sustainable values as well as boost your brand reputation.
- Future-Proof Investment: The transition to electric vehicles is not a passing trend; it's a fundamental shift in the transport industry. By moving ahead of the curve and offering EV charging infrastructure, you are ‘future-proofing’ your portfolio. This forward-thinking approach ensures that your investments will remain profitable for many years to come.
The EV Network (EVN) are a trusted company developing electric vehicle infrastructure throughout the UK. Partnering with EVN to install infrastructure on your property sites, can yield various of the benefits listed above, leading to a greatly strengthened portfolio. The future is electric, and EVN is a path to securing sustainability, allowing you to make lasting growth, both environmentally and financially.